If you’re looking for an easy snack that is a bit more guilt-free, try these pork and pumpkin rolls. The delicious mix of flavours is so unique and tasty, everyone will be asking you for the recipe! These are absolutely perfect for packing up as an easy lunch for just yourself or taking to a get-together to feed a hungry crowd. With mashed pumpkin, cumin and coriander, these are much more exciting than the average beef sausage rolls. Everyone from adults to even the grandkids will go crazy for these tasty bite-sized treats so don’t worry about choosing what to cook for your next big friends and family lunch, just bring these addictive treats!
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1kg pork sausages, casings removed
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 eggs
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C and line three large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin, oil and cumin in a bowl. Toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on one prepared tray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Then set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the sausage meat in a large bowl. Add onion, coriander and two eggs. Using clean hands, mix well to combine.
- Lightly beat the remaining egg before placing one pastry sheet on a flat surface. Leaving a 1cm border, gently press 1/4 of the sausage mixture over the pastry. Top with 1/4 of the pumpkin. Fold over pastry to enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, on the prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining pastry, sausage mixture and pumpkin.
- Brush the tops of each sausage roll with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.