There is no afternoon tea quite like a good old-fashioned scone, especially when it’s served up with jam and fresh cream, and a big pot of freshly brewed tea.
However, while traditional scones are wonderful, they have nothing on this amazing honey and apple buttermilk version.
Extra creamy, and tasting like the lovechild of apple pie and scones. Yum!
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced red apple (like Pink Lady), skin left on
- 1 tablespoon milk for brushing before baking
- Honey to drizzle on baked scones
- Whipped cream to serve