Everyone loves banana bread. The tasty, warm and moist dough is perfect for any time of the day! This recipe spices things up with a dash of bourbon and some delicious spices… Try this one-bowl treat as soon as you can!
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) melted salted butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup (145 to 190 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) cinnamon
- Up to 1/2 teaspoon (1) nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups (190 grams) flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and bourbon, then the spices.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, and mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.