These egg skirt dumplings will jazz up your mornings and are best paired with a side of toasted bread or a steaming cup of white rice, or for that intensely filling breakfast meal, upgrade the rice into garlic fried rice.
- 2 eggs
- 12 frozen dumplings of choice
- Soy sauce, chilli oil, sliced spring onion and toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Whisk eggs and set aside.
- Place a medium-large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a little neutral oil and arrange your dumplings in a single layer.
- Once they begin to sizzle, add ¼ cup of water and place a lid on the pan*. Cook for 3-4 minutes then remove the lid and let the remaining water evaporate.
- Pour the eggs between the dumplings and cook for another 3-4 minutes until set. If the top is still jiggly, pop the lid back on for another minute or two.
- Slide onto a plate and top with soy sauce, chilli oil, spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.