We had some friends stop by for afternoon tea recently and was looking for a recipe that was quick and easy. This was it!
Here’s a tip — you can use fresh oranges and squeeze the juice from them, but if you want to save yourself even more time, consider substituting them for store-bought orange juice. Either way, the pop of citrus is so refreshing and these baked goods will be too good to resist.
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line six or eight holes of a 12-hole, 1/3 cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place combined flour, sugar and cranberries in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk orange juice, egg and oil in a large jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine, but don’t overmix.
- Spoon mixture evening among paper cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar.