Most mug cakes are good for satisfying your sweet tooth when you need a quick fix, but they’re usually not a patch on the real thing. This delicious treat, however, is amazing on a whole new level! With a moist, dense texture that you’ve probably never tried from the microwave before, you’ll be struggling to find a better recipe than this!
It’s fantastic for a fuss-free, mess-free dish to whip up on an evening where you just don’t feel like baking anything too extravagant but are still looking for a tasty, homemade treat. Don’t forget to serve this up warm with just a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and you’re good to go. Yum!
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and salt together in bowl. Whisk together to combine. Gradually whisk milk and vegetable oil. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon batter into 400ml microwave-safe mug. Leave enough space at the top for cake to rise without pouring over the sides. Add hazelnut chocolate spread to the middle.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on HIGH (100%). Check halfway through as all microwaves can require different times. Use towel to carefully remove cake. Let cool for 5 mins. Serve.