There’s nothing better than a delicious and easy dish to whip up for dinner during the week and these honey soy marinaded chicken drumsticks are exactly that. Not only are they an incredibly low effort meal but they also only require six easy ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry. This last-minute meal can be served up alongside steamed veggies or rice for a simple Asian-style dish that’s much healthier than takeaway. If you’re only cooking for yourself or for two people, store the extra marinaded drumsticks in the freezer so you’ve got a quick and easy dinner on-hand next time you don’t much feel like cooking.
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Add soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add chicken. Use tongs to coat chicken completely in marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Use tongs to remove chicken from marinade. Place on baking tray in a single layer. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top of chicken. Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely and golden. Serve.