Catherine and William ‘taking legal action against Tatler magazine’

May 31, 2020
LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 30: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Basildon Sporting Village on October 30, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Tim P. Whitby/Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images)

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly taking legal action against iconic British magazine Tatler over its most recent issue titled ‘Catherine the Great’. According to The Mail on Sunday, the royals have sent legal letters to the magazine.

It has been claimed that Catherine and William have requested that the publication removes its profile on the duchess from the internet.

“The piece is full of lies,” a source told the UK news outlet. “There is no truth to their claim that the Duchess feels overwhelmed with work, nor that the Duke is obsessed with Carole Middleton. It’s preposterous and downright wrong.”

Tatler’s cover story on the mother-of-three made a lot of claims. Some of which were positive, including praise over Catherine’s down-to-earth parenting style.

However other claims were more controversial and, when it comes to Meghan and Catherine’s alleged feud, a friend of the Cambridges reportedly told the magazine: “Then there was an incident at the wedding rehearsal. It was a hot day and apparently there was a row over whether the bridesmaids should wear tights or not. Kate, following protocol, felt that they should. Meghan didn’t want them to.”

Another source is said to have spoken to the publication about the Cambridge’s increased workload since Prince Harry and Meghan stepped down as senior members of the royal family last month, adding: “Of course she’s smiling and dressing appropriately but she doesn’t want this. She feels exhausted and trapped. She’s working as hard as a top CEO, who has to be wheeled out all the time, without the benefits of boundaries and plenty of holidays.”

The reports come just days after Kensington Palace issued a rare statement in response to Tatler’s story, hitting out at the “false” claims contained within it. “This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication,” a palace spokesperson said, according to People magazine.

Following the Palace’s statement, a Tatler spokesperson told Entertainment Tonight: “Tatler’s Editor-in-Chief Richard Dennen stands behind the reporting of Anna Pasternak and her sources. Kensington Palace knew we were running the ‘Catherine the Great’ cover months ago and we asked them to work together on it. The fact they are denying they ever knew is categorically false.”

Sue's sassy!

She became a member of Starts at 60 and got access to amazing travel deals, free masterclasses, exclusive news and features and hot member discounts!

And she entered to win a $10K trip for four people to Norfolk Island in 2021. Join now, it’s free to become a member. Members get more.

email

Are you a fan of the royal family?

Please sign in to post a comment.
Retrieving conversation…
Stories that matter
Emails delivered daily
Sign up