If you want a quick and light snack to enjoy for lunch or as a treat in between meals, try these mouthwatering fritters that can be whipped up in just 20 minutes! With just a handful of ingredients, this super simple recipe is the perfect low-effort dish.
You can serve these up to family and friends or simply enjoy them as a treat on their own. Either way, the delicious zucchini and halloumi fritters will easily become some of your new favourites no matter what the occasion! Enjoy!
- 500g zucchini, trimmed
- 250g pkt halloumi
- 1 brown onion, trimmed, peeled
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
- Ground cumin, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Tzatziki dip or relish, to serve
- Use a food processor or a box grater to coarsely grate the zucchini, halloumi and onion. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the mint. Make a well in the centre and add the egg. Lightly whisk the egg. Add the flour and stir well to combine.
- Pour enough oil to come one-third up the side of a wok. Place over high heat. Heat to 170C on a cook’s thermometer. Use hands to shape 1/3 cup zucchini mixture into a fritter. Add to the oil. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Deep-fry the fritters, turning halfway, for 4 minutes or until fritters are golden and cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining mixture to make 12 fritters.
- Transfer the fritters to a serving platter. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and cumin. Top with mint leaves. Serve with tzatziki or relish.