With a crunchy breadcrumb coating and a super tasty filling, these delicious salmon patties are perfect for any occasion. Serve them with homemade chips and salad, or make a healthy burger with a wholemeal roll, salad and tartare sauce. They freeze well too, so leftovers can be put aside to pull out on those days you need a break from cooking. Enjoy!
- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, halved
- 415g can pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 3 green onions, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups dried panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Put potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan over low heat. Toss until excess liquid has evaporated. Mash potatoes. Place potato in a bowl. Stir in salmon, green onion, dill, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1 egg. Season. Using wet hands, shape into 12 patties.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Lightly whisk remaining egg and 1 tablespoon cold water in shallow dish. Coat patties in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Shallow-fry patties for 5 to 6 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve.