This is the fascinating account of how Australia’s development was fuelled by alcohol.
- how alcohol became the Great Comforter
- where and why the shout originated
- how alcohol influenced political elections
- how booze was used to balance the budget
- the relationship between alcohol and the Wowsers
- how booze built physical Australia.
Drawing upon obscures sources, Booze Built Australia develops a theory that has never been acknowledged before on the role of alcohol in the social, political, economic and cultural development of Australia.