Bongo Rx Sleep Therapy Device for Snoring and Mild-Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
If you have mild – moderate obstructive sleep apnea and aren’t ready for a CPAP machine or just need a travel alternative, the Bongo RX Sleep Therapy device may be for you. The Bongo RX does not require any power supply which makes ideal for travel. Unlike Provent and Theravent or other nasal snoring strips, the EPAP device is reusable and small enough to fit in your pockets so you can use it anyplace.
The Bongo RX is an FDA-cleared and TGA registered sleep apnea treatment (OSA) and snoring. During inhalation, small valves open to allow normal breathing through the device. During exhalation, the valves close and direct exhaled air through small vents to generate EPAP, which keeps the airway open. Resistance Between Theravent Max Snore Therapy and Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy. Studies show the treatment efficacy is equivalent to Provent.
If you have used Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy, or a similar product, you may want to give these a go as well or if you have mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea you may find these helpful.
Please consult with your physician to see if Bongo Rx Sleep Therapy is right for you.
- Uses the patient’s own exhalation to generate EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure)
- Starter Kit includes all 4 sizes, headgear and travel case.
- No bulky CPAP machine, CPAP hose, CPAP mask, power supply, or batteries are required.
- Suitable for travel, in-flight, in the hotel, or even camping trips and outdoors adventures.
- Included travel case fits in a shirt pocket or handbag for convenient storage and portability
- Reusable – each Bongo device lasts for 90 nights of therapy.
- Four soft silicon nasal seal sizes included in Starter Kit to ensure a perfect fit
- It can be worn with or without the headgear, depending on your preference.
- Replacement Schedule: Once every 90 days
What’s included in the starter kit?
The Bongo RX starter kit contains:
- 1 x Clamshell Travel Case
- 1 x Headgear
- 4 Soft silicon nasal seals in Small, Med, Large and Extra-Large sizes.
- Drying stand
How does Bongo Rx work?
The Bongo Rx has soft nasal seals that seal within the nostrils. During inhalation, small valves open to allow you to breathe normally through the device. During exhalation, the valves close directing exhaled air through specifically designed vent holes to generate EPAP (Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure), which keeps open the airway until you inhale again. This could be a great option if you have mild to moderate OSA.
How is Bongo Rx different than Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy?
While both devices produce EPAP, there are several key differences. The Bongo Rx has soft, silicone nasal seals instead of an adhesive seal. It is also reusable. Bongo Rx acts as a nasal dilator. Bongo Rx comes in 4 different sizes. The Bongo Rx has both lower inspiratory and expiratory resistance.
Will I need a prescription for the Bongo Rx?
No, you do not require a prescription for the Bongo Rx. Please consult with your physician to see if Bongo Rx is right for you.
Who Should Use The Bongo Sleep Apnea Therapy Device?
1. If you have mild to moderate OSA, but are non-compliant with CPAP and looking for a user-friendly option, The Bongo sleep apnea therapy device may be just what you need.
2. If you are compliant with CPAP, but would like to have alternative CPAP therapy option for use while traveling, camping, at home, or any place electricity may not be available, Bongo Rx will fit the bill.
3. Newly diagnosed mild to moderate OSA patients without significant co-morbidities.
4. As recommended by a Sleep Physician
Please Note: This device will NOT work effectively if you have an AHI greater than 30 (more than 30 episodes an hour) which is referred to as Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
How do I determine the correct size for the Bongo Rx?
The Bongo Rx All Sizes Starter Kit includes all 4 sizes and allows the patient to take their time at home finding the size that fits them best. We recommend that you try all four sizes before selecting your final size.
How long will it take to get used to Bongo Rx Sleep Therapy?
Like other EPAP devices, BongoRX may take a few nights to get used to. Remove the device if you wake up during the night and feel uncomfortable. This may occur for 1-2 weeks until you become accustomed with wearing the device, but will feel less invasive through consistent use.
Instructions For Use
- Gently fit the silicone seal into your nostrils and breathe naturally. Start with the smallest size first and work your way up until you find the most secure fit.
- Test each replacement seal by placing your thumbs on the bottom of the device and exhaling. You should not feel any air leaks between your nose and the device.
- Once you have found the best seal, you are ready to achieve a relaxed night of sleep!
BongoRX Fitting Instructions
BongoRX Cleaning Instructions
BongoRX Sleep Therapy Device – Using Optional Headgear Accessory
All orders received by 2pm AEST are usually sent out on the same business day. Orders received after 2pm AEST are usually sent out on the next business day.