This delicious traditional Italian dish has never tasted so good! With just a handful of super easy, fresh ingredients – you will have absolutely everyone asking you for the recipe.
Cannelloni is a guaranteed crowd pleaser so whip this up to enjoy as the vegetarian main when you have guests coming over, or to bring along to a family and friends get together! Don’t forget to serve it alongside a piece of bread to soak up all the goodness at the end. Yum!
- 400g grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 40g grated parmesan
- 150g tub rocket, cashew and parmesan dip
- 200g bocconcini
- 8 fresh cannelloni sheets
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 40g (1/4 cup) natural almonds
- Preheat oven to 220C fan-forced. Place tomatoes in food processor. Process until roughly chopped. Transfer to bowl, stir in oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add ricotta, 20g parmesan and rocket dip to separate bowl. Tear over half the bocconcini, season, then stir to combine.
- Dip each cannelloni sheet in bowl of cold water to moisten, then place flat on a work surface. Divide ricotta mixture among sheets, placing in line in centre following long edge. Roll sheets up to enclose filling. Makes 8 tubes.
- Spread half tomato mixture over base of a 20cm x 30cm shallow, metal ovenproof dish. Top with cannelloni. Pour over remaining tomato mixture. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, tear leaves from parsley into the bowl of a food processor. Add almonds and remaining 20g parmesan, and process until roughly chopped. Uncover dish, tear over remaining bocconcini, then sprinkle over parsley mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes or until top is golden and pasta is cooked. Serve immediately.