This vegetable frittata truly does have it all – it’s quick, easy, cheap and good for you! While this recipe is close to perfect, if you aren’t a fan of any of the ingredients or think it needs something else in the mix, frittatas are super flexible so feel free to adjust it to suit your tastebuds!
You can serve this up for breakfast, lunch or dinner as it goes so well no matter the time of day. Meanwhile, pop it in a container in the fridge and you’ll have food for the next week! Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup (70g) risoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced thinly
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 150g sliced leg ham, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line base of 20cm round or square cake pan. Cook pasta in large pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook onion, zucchini and mushrooms for 3 minutes until just tender.
- Combine pasta, vegetable mixture, ham, tomato, parsley and eggs in large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Stand 5 minutes before turning out.