You’d be hard pressed to find anything more comforting and relaxing than this creamy tomato and sweet potato soup. With a super simple recipe, this dish really can be served up in under an hour with little to no fuss in the kitchen necessary.
Try this dish if you’re looking for something filling yet super as light and easy on your stomach. Make sure you serve it up with a slice of bread to soak up every last drop of the delicious flavour and you’re good to go!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg gold sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 700g bottle passata with Italian herbs
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- Oregano leaves, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Stir in sweet potato, passata and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15-20 mins or until the sweet potato is soft. Remove from heat.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Line baking tray with foil. Spray with olive oil spray. Arrange prosciutto on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Cook under the grill for 2 mins each side or until golden brown.
- Use stick blender to carefully blend the soup until smooth, adding water or stock if too thick. Divide among serving bowls. Top soup with sour cream, prosciutto and oregano. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season. Serve.