Investigation into death of Warriena Wright reopens

It has been four months since Warriena Wright plunged to her death after a Tinder date with Gold Coast man Gable
News
Just when we thought it was over, the investigation into the death of Warriena Wright reopens.

It has been four months since Warriena Wright plunged to her death after a Tinder date with Gold Coast man Gable Tostee. After a two-week trial in Brisbane Supreme Court in October, Mr Tostee was found not guilty of the murder and manslaughter of Ms Wright. However, now the Queensland state Coroner has reopened the investigation.

After the verdict, police referred the case back to the coroner Terry Ryan who confirmed this week that his investigation had been reopened, reports News.com.au.

“The Coroner will be reviewing all the documentation before making a decision whether to hold an inquest,’’ a State Coroner’s Office spokesman told The Sunday Mail.

He said this would held until criminal proceedings are finalised.

Legal sources said a charge such as deprivation of liberty could still potentially be recommended by the coroner in the Tostee case.

Ms Wright plunged to her death in August 2014 from the 14th floor of Mr Tostee’s 14th floor Surfers Paradise apartment after he locked the New Zealander on the balcony for acting hysterical.

Do you think the reopening of the case will make a difference?

Comments