These egg muffins are great to make if you’re rushed for time – they’re the perfect grab and go breakfast! Plus they taste awesome and aren’t filled with nasty stuff, in fact they’re gluten free and high in protein.
This recipe makes 12 and can be made in silicone muffin cups or a muffin pan.
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp of mixed seasoning
- 1-2 cups grated low fat cheese
- 1 cup shallots, diced
- 1 cup combined broccoli, capsicum, sauteed zucchini, sauteed mushrooms
- 1 cup bacon or ham
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray your pans or cups with oil spray
- Layer bacon or ham (diced or in strips), then the veges, cheese and shallots two-thirds of the way full.
- Break eggs into large bowl and add seasoning, beating well. Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full and mix ingredients with a fork
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
These muffins can be kept for a week in the fridge and require just 45 seconds to reheat.