With strawberries coming back into season, there’s never been a better time to have a little extra fun with your desserts. Here’s a particularly wicked dish you can cook in no time at all.
- Pizza base (or pre-rolled pizza dough)
- 1 x small container of strawberries, chopped
- 200g chocolate (not too sweet)
- 2 x tbsp milk
- 1 x tbsp butter
- 2x tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2x tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 2x tbsp chopped cashews (optional)
- 1/2 tsp icing sugar
- 1x tbsp strawberry sauce (optional)
- Place your pizza base in the oven at 180 degrees. Once it begins to turn lightly brown, remove from the oven.
- Place the chocolate, butter and milk into a microwave-proof bowl. Microwave for one minute, then mix. Repeat until the ingredients are melted and smoothly mixed.
- If using nuts, add them to the mixture and microwave for a further ten seconds.
- Spread the combined mixture over the cooked pizza base. Place in the oven at 180 degrees for 2-3 minutes, then remove.
- Now for the best part: add the cut strawberries on top. Drizzle a further layer of strawberry sauce if desired. Sprinkle icing sugar over this to taste.
- And with that, you’re done – no further cooking required! This delicious recipe can be served both hot and chilled – we recommend trying both.