This is one of the internet’s most popular recipes – and for good reason! Who doesn’t love crunchy, crispy homemade chicken breasts?
The garlic sauce in this recipe is so tasty you will be wanting to make it for dinner more than once this week.
Check it out and tell us how you go making it!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- rice bran oil for frying
- Pound the chicken breasts to around 1cm thickness.
- Sift together the flour, salt, black pepper, ground ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and water together
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dip the meat in the flour and spice mixture. Dip the breast into the egg and water and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the meat.
- Heat a pan on the stove with a layer of canola oil covering the bottom. The thinness of the breast meat means that it will be fully cooked by the time the outside is browned. Around 5 minutes each side should be enough.
- Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked breasts into the Honey Garlic sauce. Serve with rice.
To make the Honey Garlic sauce:
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil and minced garlic. Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add the honey, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Note: If you prefer oven baked, preheat the oven to 200 degrees and then place the spiced breasts on a lined tray and spray either side with olive oil spray. Cook for 15 minutes on each side.