You asked for more sugar free recipes and we heard you! Here’s a spin on a key lime pie that’s made with healthy, raw ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 2 avocados
- 3 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup manuka honey
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil
- frozen berries
- Line base of a round 20cm springform tin with baking paper. Blend 1 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup dates and 1/2 cup of cocoa in a food processor until crushed.
- Press mixture firmly into base of the tin and freeze. Meanwhile, blend the flesh of 2 avocados, juice of 3 limes, zest of 1 lime, 1/4 cup manuka honey and 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil in food processor until smooth. Pour over base and freeze until set.
- Remove 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and top with frozen berries to serve.
Photo credit: Let’s Eat Raw by Scott Mathias