I love chicken and I love mango, so this dish is a sure winner for me. You can choose to add the mango pieces or just nectar, if you prefer. It’s lovely served with rice or mashed potato and vegetables.
Preparation: 5 mins
Cook: 4–6 hours
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets on the bone, or cut of your choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 425 g (15 oz) tinned mango pieces in nectar
- 40 g (1½ oz) French onion soup mix, dry
- Rice or mashed potato and steamed vegetables, to serve
- Put the chicken and onion in a slow cooker.
- Drain the nectar from the mango. Combine the soup mix with the nectar and pour over the chicken. Scatter the mango pieces over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
- If using chicken on the bone, when 15 minutes from cooked you can remove the chicken pieces, pull the meat from the bone and return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Serve the chicken in its sauce with rice or mashed potato and steamed vegetables.