This rosemary chicken is a family favourite recipe. It’s a delicious dish and makes the perfect amount for family suppers. It pairs well with asparagus and the marinade can also be used on zucchinis if you’d like.
Any leftover chicken is a great option for leafy green salad too.
Check out the recipe below.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 3 – 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning mix
- 1 tsp. celery seed (optional)
- Trim all fat from the chicken breasts and make small slits crosswise down the length of each piece of chicken. This is to help the marinade penetrate the meat and ensure the chicken cooks more evenly. (Be careful not to cut too deeply).
- Put chicken and marinade into a large ziploc bag and let marinate int eh refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook take the chicken out of fridge and let it come to food temperature. Prepare grill with oil and preheat to medium-high heat.
- Lay chicken on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes then rotate chicken for another 3-4 minutes more. Cook until chicken is firm to the touch. Actual cooking time will depend on how thick the chicken breasts are and how hot your grill is.
- Serve hot and wait for compliments!
*You can also use the marinade for zucchini but just shorten the marinating time.
Tell us, when was the last time you had a BBQ? Do you still BBQ in winter?