This recipe will make you want to do a little dance. Experience the brilliant combination of cheesecake and lemon meringue pie in one delightful slice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes – Chill Time: 5 hours – Serves: 12 people
- 250g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 125g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water, cooled
- 300ml thickened cream
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Meringue (see below)
- Line an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper. Mix crushed biscuits and butter in a bowl. Press into base of pan. Chill for 20 min. Spoon lemon curd randomly over the base.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl using electric beaters until smooth. Add cooled gelatine mixture and beat until just combined. Add cream, lemon zest and juice and continue beating until smooth. Spoon over the lemon curd base and smooth surface. Cover, chill for 4-5 hr until set or overnight if time permits.
- Spoon Meringue over the top of cheesecake to cover and use the back of a spoon to create peaks. Brown meringue with a blowtorch or place under a hot grill. Cut into slices to serve. Store in the fridge.
- Beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add 3/4 cup caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until thick and glossy.
Do you like cheesecake or meringue pie better? Will you try this delicious combination? Share with us below.