I dare you to make this and take the happy snappy! It truly is delicious. My husband LOVES it and it’s now in my big recipe book of favourites. He rated it a 5 but I’m modest!
- 1 cup or so cooked chicken
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium yellow capsicum (or red or green) Sliced to suit
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp cornflour
- chicken stock or water
- pasta, cooked.
- Fry onion in butter and/or rice bran oil until slightly softened. Add rest.
- When cooked to your liking add chicken. Sprinkle cornflour to absorb fat then stir in sufficient liquid to thicken slightly. Toss in cooked pasta of choice.
- Add condiments of choice – I prefer chicken herb seasoning.
- Shredded cabbage is nice in this too. It’s really just adding, tasting, adding, tasting!
Thanks to Janet for sending this through. If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.