We made these pies for dinner this week and I have to say: they were better than any I’ve ever bought! They were just the right amount of savoury and because there were five, everyone was able to have one.
These would make a great family dinner on a Sunday night, or as a make-ahead for lunches.
Makes five pies
- 1 package of 5 sheet short crust pastry
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp chicken stock in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup each fresh mint and rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint gel
- 2 tbsp plain flour to thicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in bowl except for the pastry.
- Use pie dishes and bake for 30-40 mins at 180 degrees.
- Place pie dishes on open oven tray so heat gets to bottom of pie dishes.