Corn fritters are an oldie but a goodie and we have found a classic recipe with a bit of a twist. So if you are looking for an easy but flavoursome meal or snack keep reading…
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 x 420g cans of corn kernels
- 100g crumbled fetta
- 30g butter or oil
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- 1 small avocado
- 30g baby rocket
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Make a well in the centre of a large mixing bowl with the flour. Whisk eggs and milk in a seperate bowl then pour slowly into the flour. Stir to combine.
- Add corn (drained), chives and fetta and gently fold ingredients in.
- Grease a frying pan with butter or oil and allow the pan to heat. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into the pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown underneath. Flip the fritter so it becomes golden of both sides.
- Continue this process until all mixture is cooked, you will need to do several batches.
- Lastly, serve fritters with avocado (cut into wedges) and sweet chilli sauce to mix it up and add some delicious flavours.
Tell us, what is your favourite soup recipe?
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.