Are you looking for a beautiful, warm, aromatic recipe to fill your house with that wonderful smell in the lead up to winter?
This creamy chorizo carbonara is similar to your traditional carbonara pasta but with something a little different – spicy pork sausage!
Try this recipe when you have a dinner for two, or even for the whole family.
Serves 4 | Ready in 15 minutes
- 320g penne pasta
- 4-6 sticks of asparagus (optional)
- 70g chorizo
- 4 garlic cloves
- 35g mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1 red chilli
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- olive oil
- Cook the pasta in separate saucepan/pot in boiling water. Add asparagus in last 5 minutes if desired.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the chorizo, chilli and rosemary finely, crush the garlic, and simmer all in olive oil until golden.
- Beat the egg, lemon juice, yoghurt and mozzarella together in a bowl
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the starchy cooking water
- Combine the pasta and asparagus with the chorizo pan, remove from the heat and mix well with the creamy sauce, loosening with a splash of cooking water if needed.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.