Try this tropical pie for your next dinner party. It’s not too sweet and easy to prepare. The combination of coconut and pineapple is not something we had ever tried before but we were pleasantly surprised with the flavour. We hope you will be too.
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (22 cm)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Prep: 10 minutes and bake: 50 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add the corn syrup, coconut, pineapple, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into pastry shell and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 175C for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if the top browns too quickly.
- Cool in a wire rack before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.