We’re loving this sweet treat, complete with the easiest crust you’ll ever make – with Weetbix!
There aren’t a lot of ingredients in this beautiful slice, but it’s so full of flavour and crunch that it’ll become a fast favourite.
- 180g butter, chopped
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 3 Weet-Bix biscuits
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup roasted macadamias/walnuts
- 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- For the crust, process the butter, flour and Weet-Bix in a food processor until mixture is like fine breadcrumbs. Add water in 1 tbsp at a time until a soft dough forms. Wrap dough in glad wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Lightly butter a 22cm round loose-bottom tart dish (approximately 4cm high).
- Take the dough out of the fridge and place onto a lightly-floured surface. Roll out to 3mm thin, then lay into the prepared pie tin and push into the edges.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on top and fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights then bake for a further 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C.
- While this is baking, combine butter, condensed milk and syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until well combined.
- Spread your macadamias over the base of the pie crust, then evenly pour over caramel filling. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool then cut into triangles to serve.
Image is for illustrative purposes only.