This is a great twist on an old favourite: Italian meatballs.
Why not add some cheese to your meatballs? It is so delicious and really is delightful to make.
- 500g minced beef or lamb
- 50g crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 rosemary
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil and 1/4 cup wine; mix well
- Shape mixture into small balls
- Heat oil and brown the balls well on all sides
- Drain on paper towel
- Place in shallow casserole dish and add remaining 1/4 cup of wine
- Place in 220 degree oven for 15 mins and serve with spaghetti or mash
Note: If you don’t like blue cheese, feta or any other crumbly cheese works just as well.
Image source: Flickr
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.