Simple and delicious, this baked honey and cinnamon cheesecake recipe is a must-make. It’s a twist on a traditional cheesecake and combines the delicious flavours of honey and cinnamon.
It’s also a great recipe to make the day before a dinner party to allow flavours to develop and it’ll give you more time to prepare other dishes.
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 125g cold butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons iced water, approximately
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) cottage cheese
- 250g packaged cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (180ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- Grease 22cm springform tin
- Place flour in medium bowl; rub in butter. Add sugar, egg yolk, rind and enough water to make ingredients cling together. Knead gently on floured surface until smooth, wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Life pastry into tin, ease into side, trim edge. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice, place on oven tray. Bake in moderately hot oven 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake about 10 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly, cool.
- Pour cheesecake filling into pastry case; bake in moderately slow oven about 1 1/2 hours or until filing is firm, cool. Cover; refrigerate cheesecake overnight. Just before serving, drizzle extra honey, if desired.
- Beat cheeses, honey, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl with electric mixer until almost smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Tell us, will you try this recipe? Do you like cheesecake?