You’ve seen zucchini and sweet potato fries, but they’re old news now! Check out this amazing recipe for avocado fries – which are all the rage at the moment.
Avos are packed full of healthy fats and nutrients, not to mention they taste great in their many forms.
Try these for a great snack this week.
- Vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil until sizzling.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with salt. Put eggs and crumbs in separate plates.
- Dip slices of avocado in the flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, then the crumbs to coat.
- Fry the avocado slices until golden.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.