Over time and will daily use, the battery life of your devices can slowly deteriorate. If you find that your battery is starting to die quicker than usual, we have a few tips for phones, computers and e-readers that will help sustain them.
Phones are the most used device of the three and seem to die the quickest. Here are five tips to save your phones battery:
- Turn the screen brightness down in the settings menu.
- Close or delete apps that you are not using. Apps can drain the most battery life.
- Disable auto app updates in the setting menu.
- Get emails manually instead of automatic.
- Disable GPS if you are not using it.
- Turn off your data when you’re not using it.
Computers are normally connect to a power source, but if you have a laptop then these four tips can help save the power:
- Turn off screensaver mode, it is unnecessary and will drain your battery.
- Reduce the display brightness.
- Run fewer programs in the background. Close down a program properly once you have finished using it.
- Integrated wireless devices.
e-readers are used only when reading, so it’s easier to save battery life. Here are two tips to help ensure you do:
- Set to sleep mode every time you are done reading. The battery can last a few days on sleep mode.
- When you have download a book from Amazon Cloud, turn the WiFi feature off. This will preserve the battery while you read off-line.
For all devices remember to charge to 100 per cent before taking it off the power.
How do you save battery on your device? Will you try these tricks?