No one enjoys cleaning the toilet – so don’t! These inexpensive loo cleaning fizzy bombs will clean your toilet without nasty chemicals, and most of the ingredients can be found around the home. Why not try this simple DIY recipe?
Makes ~40 bombs
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup washing soda
- 100ml water
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oil
- spray bottle
- shaped mould
- Wearing gloves, mix the cornstarch, bi-carb, citric acid and washing soda in a large bowl.
- Mix the water and essential oil in the spray bottle.
- Spray the cornstarch mixture with the water mixture. Add the water slowly while you’re mixing.
- When you squeeze the mixture, it should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the mould and let dry for at least one hour.
- Place in your toilet tank.