Making poached eggs can be a challenging task, especially when it comes to trying to keep the egg whites together so they don’t break on the plate. There are many ways to poach eggs out there but the truth is the method is quite simple once you get the hang of it. It is the little details that count: the water shouldn’t be boiling and the egg shouldn’t be directly cracked into the water!
- Fresh eggs (organic or free range)
- White vinegar
- To ensure the perfect poached eggs, the water should be close to boiling but not bubbling.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar (the acidity helps the eggs whites coagulate in the water).
- Crack eggs into a small bowl as it is easier than breaking the egg into the hot water.
- Spin the water with one hand while you slide the egg in.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until egg whites have joined and yolk is slightly hardened.
- Removed the poached egg using a large spoon.
We hope you can make some yummy poached eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
Have you tried this method before? How do you make your poached eggs?