A beautiful, handmade Christmas tree is the perfect ornament or table centrepiece for you this Christmas.
This is easy to make and looks gorgeous for our Australian Christmas.
What you need:
- Chicken wire (or rodent wire) about 1 m x 20 cm
- Low round bowl
- Tulle (optional)
- Daisies or other fresh flowers
- Make a cone of chicken wire about 20 cm high with its base about 12 cm in diameter.
- Attach small pieces of tulle to the bottom of the cone. Sit the cone on a squat round bowl, which also had diameter of 12 cm, the rim of the cone should sit on the rim of the container.
- Using the chicken wire as a framework create a Christmas tree of fresh flowers. Make sure that the stalks of the flowers reach down to the water. Small white daisies are most attractive and easy to work with.
- An interesting variation is to use the fine greenery from a Melaleuca tree, decorated with a few strands of tinsel.
- Make sure that you keep the water in the bowl topped up.
If flowers are in short supply, polish some red apples and arrange them in a bowl. Place an egg cup or small vase in amongst the fruit. Arrange a couple of trails of ivy and a few white daisies in the small container. Remember to keep the water in the container topped up.
How do you decorate the table at Christmas? Do you use anything handmade?