Your drain clogged? Your kitchen counter need a good scrub? Set aside your usual cleaning products filled with chemicals and toxins. Instead, try cleaning with natural, non-toxic products. Here are a few natural cleaning product recipes to help you eliminate both toxic chemicals from your house and bad odours.
1. Natural drain cleaner
Ingredients (Makes approximately 1.25L)
- 15g dried thyme leaves, ground
- 15g dried rosemary leaves, ground
- 2.5ml thyme essential oil
- 2.5ml basil essential oil
- 1L baking soda essential oil
- Put thyme and rosemary with the essential oils in a jar. Mix well.
- Add baking soda – shake and stir.
- Run the hot tap water for a few minutes to warm drain
- Slowly pour about 125ml into the drain.
- Add a little hot water to the pipe but the cleaner work overnight.
- Rinse to clear!
2. Cleaning spray
- 250ml water, boiled or distilled
- 60ml white distilled vinegar
- 1 drop liquid castile soap
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops pine essential oil
- Combine into spray bottle and mix well.
- Shake before use – spray on surface and wipe clean.
3. Glass cleaner
- 60ml vinegar
- 1L warm water
- Put into a spray bottle and apply with cloth.
- Voila – sparkling glass!
4. Bathtub and tile cleaner
- 125ml vegetable oil based liquid soap
- 300ml baking soda
- 125ml water
- 20ml vinegar
- Combine and scrub away!
5. Dishwashing liquid
- 20ml washing soda
- 375ml boiling water
- 100ml liquid castile soap
- 10 drops lemon oil
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- Dissolve the washing soda in the water.
- Add liquid soap and stir until dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Stir in oils and put in bottle. Shake well before use.
Tell us, do you like to clean with natural cleaning products? What is your favourite recipe?