News flash: dishwashing liquid cleans other things besides dishes; it isn’t just for scrubbing plates. In fact, it is actually one of the most versatile cleaners. The washing liquid is mild so it is often a great alternative over harsher chemicals for cleaning around the house. So next time you’re giving your house a clean, consider these 10 brilliant new uses for the liquid.
1. Ease greasy stains on clothes
- Oil based stains are some of the most difficult to remove. Rub the liquid into the stain and rinse with water. The soap is gentle for spot-treating most fabrics that are typically damaged by laundry detergent.
2. Clean your kitchen and bathroom floors
- Add two tablespoons of dish washing liquor to your bucket of warm water to produce a helpful floor cleaner. Use on vinyl or tile flooring but avoid hardwoods. Your floors will be clean and shiny in no time.
3. De-grime patio furniture
- Similar to the kitchen floors, add a squirt of the washing liquid to a bowl and use it to wipe down your outdoor tables and chairs. Rinse with the garden hose.
4. Shine your jewellery
- Mix the washing liquid with some carbonated water to clean your jewellery. The bubbles help to loosen dirt and the washing liquid gets into the little nooks and crannies. Soak the jewellery for five minutes and then use a soft toothbrush to scrub out any remaining grime.
5. Clean hairbrushes and combs
- Add a few drops of washing liquid with warm water to combat any build-up in your grooming products.
6. Hand-washing clothing
- Use a tablespoon of washing liquid in place of detergent you typically use to hand wash your delicates.
7. Trap and kill fruit flies
- In a bowl of vinegar (which attracts fruit flies), add a few drops of washing liquid. The washing liquid will help sink and drown the pests.
8. Remove stains on carpeting
- In two cups of warm water dissolve one tablespoon of washing liquid, then blot the stain with a cloth dipped in the solution. Repeat until the stain absorbs into the cloth and disappears from the carpet. Following this, use a sponge with cold water and blot dry with a clean cloth.
9. Wipe down kitchen cabinets
- Add washing liquid to a spray bottle filled with warm water to mist away any grime build up on your cupboards. Then, rinse with a cloth and dry.
10. Remove oil stains from concrete
- First, cover the stain with baking soda and then pour some washing liquid over it. Use a plastic brush to scrub it and let everything sit for a couple hours. Rinse and repeat until the stain is gone.
Have you tried using dish washing liquid for cleaning around the house? Will you try any of these alternative uses? Share with use below!