If you have a favourite pair of shoes which you like to wear over and over again, you might find them getting a little stinky…
Usually, the smell is fine as long as you are wearing them. But there is always that uncomfortable moment when you have to take them off at the physio or leave them at the door when you enter your friends house. The smell often follows you for a bit and you hope that everyone around you is suffering from a blocked nose.
Well, fear no more we have found an easy way to deodorise your shoes with ingredients you have at home.
You will need:
- 4 table spoons of baking soda
- 2 table spoons of cornstarch
- 6 drops of tea tree oil
- A square of spare fabric
- Some string or twine
What to do:
- Mix together to baking soda and the cornstarch and add the tea tree.
- When it is mixed thoroughly take your square of fabric and sprinkle the mix in the middle.
- Gather up the edges and tie them off with the string or twine.
- Pop these in your shoes when you’re finished wearing them and leave it over night.
The antiseptic properties of the tea tree will help kill off any odours which cause bacteria and the baking soda and cornstarch will help lift the dampness and bacteria that causes the odour.
If you don’t have any spare fabric handy you can use coffee filters or just sprinkle the mix straight into your shoe and be sure to tip it all out before you wear them again.