Cars aren’t the freshest of places – we often have the windows up and many people drive without shoes. Some even forget to take rubbish out so after all that, it can smell pretty bad!
You may have noticed with store-bought air fresheners that the scent seems to go away quickly – not to mention they can be quite expensive for what you get.
So why not make your own? The below recipe for car air freshener gels is not only great for the car, but your whole house.
What you need:
- 3 small jars
- Food colouring of your choice
- Essential oil of your choice
- 2 cups of water in separate cups
- 4 sachets of unflavoured gelatine
- 1 tbsp salt
- a whisk
- a pan
- wooden spoon
- Pour a few drops of food colouring of your choice into each jar.
- Pour one teaspoon of essential oil into each jar. You may want to add more if you desire a stronger scent.
- Bring one cup of water to a boil and add all four packets of gelatine. Whisk until dissolved.
- After the gelatine dissolves, add the remaining cup of water and then the salt.
- After the salt dissolves, remove the pan from the heat and pour into the prepared jars straight away
- Mix in the colouring and scent.
- Let the gel mix solidify at room temperature for at least 24 hours then place in your glove box or storage compartment in your car.