Do you consider yourself a bit of a geography buff? It can be so fun to do quizzes but we reckon some of these might trip up even the most seasoned of travellers!
It’s also a fun way to test your general knowledge.
How many did you get right?
- What is the capital of Ecuador?
- Which city was the capital of Japan before Tokyo?
- Which country has the lowest population density of any country in Europe?
- Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world, is in which country?
- The Cliffs of Moher are located in which European country?
- Is the Tropic of Cancer in the northern or southern hemisphere?
- What is the highest lake in the world called?
- Mount Vesuvius is close to which Italian city?
- The Mount Rushmore National Memorial is in which American state?
- Which country lies directly between Nicaragua and Panama?
- What is the state capital of California?
- In which country is Cusco located?
- What is the smallest country in the world?
- Which is the most populous country in the world?
- The capital of Honduras?
- What metropolitan area is the largest in the world not bordering a body of water?
- What is the world’s third largest sea?
- What’s the most southerly city; Toronto, Seattle, Budapest or Bordeaux?
- What is the capital of Qatar?
- What is the second highest mountain in the world?