This honey and balsamic braised pork is the ideal slow cooker meal for yourself or your family.
It was one of our most loved recipes this year!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.2 kg piece pork
- 9 shallots halved
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup seeded green olives
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook pork until browned all over. Remove from pan
- Add shallots to the same pan and cook, stirring until brown then add stock, vinegar, and honey bring to boil.
- Place garlic and rosemary in 4.5 litre slow cooker top with the pork. Pour the shallot mixture over and cook covered on low for 7 hours
- Add olives 30 minutes before finished.
- Remove the pork and stand covered 10 minutes before slicing or pulling part.
Originally published here
Thank you to Barbara for sending this one in. If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.