Traditionally fruit mince pies are reserved for Christmas however scrolls are an entirely different type of treat. You can use fruit mince to create delicious little scrolls perfect for afternoon tea or an after dinner treat. The best part about this recipe is that it only uses 3 ingredients!
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup fruit mince
- Preheat the over at 220 C. Take the icing sugar and gently sprinkle some onto the work bench before placing a sheet of pastry on it. Use the rolling pin to roll out the pastry ensuring that the icing sugar is absorbed into the pastry.
- Spread half of the fruit mince onto the pastry before folding up the sides so that they meet in the middle. Fold in half in the same direction and then press the pastry into a log shape.
- Repeat this process with your other pastry sheets and remaining fruit mince.
- Once completed, slice each of the logs into 1cm pieces and then arrange the individual pieces on an oven tray. Bake for 20-25mins or until the pastry is puffy and golden. Remove from the oven and let the scrolls cool before sprinkling with icing sugar.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.