Chocolate eclairs are a long time favourite recipe, and now they are easier to make than ever! Try this recipe the next time you have to bring a plate…
- 2 packets of vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3.5cups milk
- 1.5 cup cream
- 2 packets ginger nut biscuits
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate melts
- Blend the milk and vanilla pudding packets for about two minutes. Fold in the cream.
- In a 9′ x 13′ pan, layer the biscuits to cover the bottom of the pan. You may need to cut and shape the biscuits to fit nicely.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture on the top and level out so it is even.
- Put another layer of biscuits to cover entire surface. Cut and shape biscuits accordingly.
- Put the second half of pudding mixture on top and level.
- Put the final layer of biscuits on top with bumpy side down. This will help the top look more smooth when you go to put the frosting on top. Once again, cut and shape biscuits accordingly to avoid pits and cracks.
- For the frosting, microwave butter and milk just enough so that they are melted together. Add cocoa and powdered sugar and blend together. This will be a runnier frosting/glaze. Pour over top of biscuits and smooth out nicely. Refrigerate for at least four hours and drizzle melted milk chocolate over the top with a fork. Enjoy!
Originally published here
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here