When it comes to making a quick and easy dinner, it doesn’t get much better than this! All you have to do is steam the cauliflower, then throw it into a food processor with all the other ingredients. Pat them into little a firm patty shape then fry them up in a little olive oil. For a lovely light dinner, serve them up with a fresh salad, a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of Tzatziki or yoghurt. Yum!
- 600g cauliflower florets
- 100g Greek-style feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salad, to serve
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced. Place cauliflower in a metal steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover. Steam for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
2. Process cauliflower in a food processor until chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add fetta, chives, thyme, breadcrumbs, flour and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Working with damp hands, shape 1/4 cup of mixture into a firm patty. Place onto a baking paper-lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm (see note).
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fritters, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray. Place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining fritters.
4. Serve fritters with salad, tzatziki and lemon wedges.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here