The great thing about meatballs is that they’re super easy to make and if done right, end up deliciously juicy and tasty. These Asian chicken meatballs are a great fresh option, particularly perfect during summer. The addition of white rice really gives them some body and will help keep you fuller for longer. You can serve them up with a side of veggies or just a simple fresh salad for something a little lighter. They’re great fresh out of the pan, but are also delicious cold and stuffed into a salad wrap the next day for lunch. Dig in and enjoy!
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
1. Combine mince, egg, rice, breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander, onion, ginger and 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a plate.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Serve with remaining sweet chilli sauce and coriander.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here