This classic slice is a winner every time!
A lovely biscuit base with chunky fruit jam and a light coconut crumble on top! Try to pick up a jar of some good quality jam with big ol’ pieces of fruit so you get a nice juicy burst with every bite. You can use any flavour jam you like, but raspberry, cherry and strawberry work well.
The crumble is so tasty and light making it the perfect match for the sweet jam filling. Enjoy!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 3cm deep, 24cm x 29.5cm (base) lamington pan.
2. Process flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg and vanilla. Process to form a dough.
3. Press dough into base of prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden. Spread jam over warm base.
4. Whisk remaining eggs and remaining 1/2 cup sugar together. Stir in coconut. Spread over jam. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely in pan. Cut into pieces. Serve
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here