Starts at 60 community member Sherry sent in this awesome recipe that is sure to amaze: a pumpkin dip within a pumpkin!
This will make quite an impression at your next dinner party or event.
- Medium sized pumpkin (any kind)
- 300ml cream
- 3 slices white bread broken up
- Handful of grated tasty cheese.
- Wipe pumpkin, then cut the top off.
- Remove all seeds and stringy bits with a soup spoon.
- Put the bread in the cavity, add the cream, then the cheese – the level should be about an inch or so from the top, so it doesn’t overflow. Mix lightly and replace the lid.
- Wipe over lightly with oil.
- Place the pumpkin on a metal plate, or small roasting pan, and cook for 1.5 hours at about 140 degrees, depending on size.
- Test with kebab stick in top part – if it’s soft, it’s cooked.
Can also be cooked in a BBQ with a lid.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.