This amazing little recipe won first place at a state fair in America thanks to their perfectly soft, sweet and chewy centres. Best of all they’re super easy to make and are basically fool proof! You can whip them up in no time at all and you’re sure to impress every time. If you want to mix it up a little, you can dip the bottoms into melted chocolate after they’re cooked and have cooled down. Set them in the fridge and then take them out about 10 minutes before eating to allow them to soften a little. Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 115g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line tray with baking paper. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended.
2. Use an ice cream scoop to drop mixture onto the prepared tray. Macaroons should be about golf ball size. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here