Dig into these little babies for your next afternoon snack! They’re so easy to whip up, with everything going into one bowl, and taste delicious thank to plenty of zucchini, ham, tasty cheese and ricotta, too. You can add any extra veggies or herbs you have on hand if you like; try mushrooms, capsicum, parsley or thyme. They make a great snack for you and are a tasty little treat for the grandkids, too!
- 2 zucchini, grated, liquid squeezed out
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 50g leg ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan.
2. Place 3/4 of the zucchini in a large bowl. Add onion, ham, cheese and flour. Stir to combine.
3. Whisk eggs, oil, milk and ricotta together. Add to zucchini mixture. Season. Add parsley. Mix to combine. Divide among holes of prepared pan. Top with remaining zucchini.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.